Sunday, August 10, 2008

What are the odds

Last night we had a tri-ward pool party at the Rio Grande H.S. Pool. I drove the van so that I could take the boys and pick up another member of our ward, Hailey. Stan drove the car so that he could stop by the church to pick up some cups and the store to pick up some ice.... Anyways, we actually arrived at the H.S. at the same time- which is kind of crazy cool timing. Stan pulled around to the back so he could unload coolers and cups etc. I pulled into the main parking lot with all the other cars and before we were all unloaded, Stan came back to the main parking lot and parked the car not too far from us in order to help us in with the load: chairs, 2 side dishes, towels, and kids. I had my hands full as I was carrying Isaac. Right before we left the van I grabbed a diaper from my diaper bag/backpack from the front of the van and then left the bag there with my wallet in it... even though I thought to myself I should probably take it in... dang it.... so you know where this is going. We came out around 8:30 to head home. Sister Graham was asking me if it was my van that was parked next to hers-- which it was... and then she told me that the driver's window was smashed in and somebody broke into it.. .... and then she asked me if I knew who the green car belonged to-- -Us Again-- those were the only two vehicles broken into--- We still can't believe our dumb luck. Punks. It's frustrating when I don't listen to that still small voice. They got my driver's license, ss card, lots of plastic and probably 2 cents--I hardly ever carry cash. They got both of our cell phones and Stan's work briefcase and Ipod. I can't help but picture in my mind my Grandpa Ward or Uncle George saying "Damn the Dirty Luck" or one of the boys immitating how he would say it. I know better than to leave my wallet in the car. Hard Lessons. Arghhhh. At least we are all safe and sound---Just in case you are curious-- which I would be... They made two charges on my debit card at gas stations by 7:30pm and the 3rd one declined-- They attempted using another credit card at a different gas station which thankfully declined-- great work anti-fraud departments.

12 comments:

M-n-M said...

Damn the dirty luck is right! What are the odds. Only you and your stories can make me laugh this much. Remember at USU when you were sprinting across the lawn to take a final like an hour late or something?

Sorry to hear about the break-in though. If I were there I would hunt them down and tie there you know what in knots!!

Talk to you soon :)

Sara said...

I'm so sorry for you guys . . . I still just can't believe that happened to you, but go figure, you're gooooood, well AMAZING people. And, those kind of people are usually targets. Keep spirits high and hopefully things will turn around soon. That is so tough when you can remember the spirit telling you to do something you didn't . . . so frustrating. Love you guys, sara

Tastebuds Boutique Catering said...

Dang it!!! That totally sucks! I'm sorry. I'm guilty of leaving my wallet in the car.... all the time. Perhaps I'll stop now...

Christine Bushman said...

That night Wyatt was upset to the point, he didn't want to go to sleep. Jason helped him say a pray for you and your family.

Faith of a child can go a long way!

I am also guilty of leaving my pruse in the car, but it has always been hidden

Melissa said...

Seriously someone broke into your green car?--Damn the dirty luck--for sure!! The boys pics are cute. Love you. Melissa

Mandi Ward said...

Sorry about your dirty luck. Your kids are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry to here that. I cant believe they broke in both cars. The pics of your boys are really cute. Love Mindi

Welcome to Newman's World said...

I am so sorry that just sucks I hate when that happens

Shaw Family said...

Dang that is dirty luck for sure! Sorry to hear about that....

The Thompson's said...

I am sorry to hear about your break in. I'm guilty as well. And for both or your cars to get it....that sucks. Love the pictures. Beautiful family.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Hey Cat! I don't know if you remember me (Anna Tucker- we went to the Branch together) I found your blog in a roundabout way. Sorry about your breakin--that's awful! You and Stan look great though!! It's fun to see your pictures...and your family is adorable!

INCH BY SHE said...

I remember this Cat. I just started this blog deal because I got tired of bubba messing with the my journal. And who do I see blogging?.. you guys. Well I do hope you guys recooperated from this ordeal. Love you guys!